Thursday, February 5, 2009

I've had enough!

I have 3 children and an extra 50 lbs. to show for them (along with other good things). I can't beleive I am sharing this on the internet for everyone to read. I'm doing it in hopes that I will be a little more motivated to shed the extra lbs. I know I won't ever be at what I was when I graduated from high school, but come on 50 lbs. Surely I can get rid of some of them.

Now, I have tried the "eat whatever I want" health plan and it just doen't seem to be working. Then I tried the "eat whatever I want and just exercise a little" health plan - not working either. So it's time to try the "buckle down and just do it, eat less, exercise more" health plan. I call it the health plan because if I call it "diet" it won't last long. Besides isn't it supposed to be a life long change anyway.

A little side note for those who may not know this: when the doctor and books and magazines say it is healthy to gain 30-35 lbs. when you're pregnant, they lie. With each baby I only ever got rid of 15 lbs. and 7 1/2 of that was baby.

I won't gross you out with all the details, but 5 lbs. down 45 to go. Stay tuned for further progress hopefully. And good luck to all those out there who have made this their New Year's Resolutin also.

4 comments:

The Woolley's said...

Good Luck! I hope this Health Plan works for you! I'm on the 'eat whatever I want and exercise a litte' plan. It's only working because I'm shedding the pounds that you hang on to when your nursing. We'll see how long it lasts though. You can do it!!!

Sara Ann said...

I wish you luck! I think you are right, eat less, exercise more, that is what I am trying to do, it is hard though! You can do it!

Tari said...

come work out with me at the REc Center! I'm there everyday at 8:30
I drop my kids off at school and head over there.

The Merkleys said...

I am with you! As soon as I get there I can watch your kids and vice versa. One thing that has really helped me is not eating after 6pm. I start dinner at 5pm then eat at 6-6:30 then I go brush my teeth and only drink water after that. 6 days a week with 1 free day!