Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ouch!

We really don't end up with much going on in our lives, for which we are very grateful, but we did have a little incident recently. Here's what happened.

One afternoon (just a little while ago) Mccoy came home from school and I could tell right away that he was upset about something. I asked him what was wrong and he said "I'll tell you later". So I asked him if he got in trouble on the bus and he said "yes". He then told me what happened. One of his friends wouldn't let Mccoy sit by him on the bus and kicked him in the shin and out of the seat. Mccoy then PUNCHED this other kid in the EYE. They both had to sit up front the rest of the bus ride. Neither one ended up with a bus ticket, and later the same afternoon they were speaking to each other and friends again. When I took the kids to the bus stop the next morning the other kid did have somewhat of a black eye. I was a little embarresed that it was my child who did that, but it's more proof that boys will be boys.

When I told his dad what happened, he just said he was grateful that his child could defend himself and was able to put to use all the puching lessons he's had.

3 comments:

The Woolley's said...

hahahahaha.... I know I shouldn't laugh, but that is pretty funny.

Tari said...

Austin just got in his first fight a week or so ago, and Randy felt the same way, well at least he's defending himself and not just getting beat up.

The Merkleys said...

I am reading a book called "Wild at Heart" it talks about how men are being femanized (sp?) in our world today. We do need to remember that boys will be boys and not break their "wild spirits". If he got hit first, go ahead hit back.